Senior Information Technology Management professional with over 20 years of experience delivering enterprise business solutions with emphasis on portfolio, program and project management, IT management and Enterprise Content Management solutions. Strong background in identifying and establishing strategic relationships to generate significant business value and manage stakeholders from the executive level to the user community with the ability to bridge communication gaps between technology and business environments with an ability to influence stakeholders.
Solid technology delivery and business strategy experience with high degree of conceptual intelligence, initiative and personal accountability with the ability to think critically about goals, deliverables and life-cycle plans to ensure alignment with business requirements.
Fully practiced in business process analysis and developing needed architecture to improve business productivity and reduce operational costs yielding measurable hard and soft savings. Experienced of working at both client and consulting organizations, resulting in enriched vision for the projects and skilful ability to understand and manage client and vendor expectations. Industry experience includes Oil and Gas, Banking and Financial, Insurance, Telecoms as well as the public/government sector.
Skills and Key Strengths
- Full program and project lifecycle experience; initiation, planning, implementation, monitoring and control to closing and transition to operations. Program Management oversight including the development of program/project plans, defining risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Ability to synthesize a prioritized business and technical roadmap and translate it into an executable program of work
- Proven success managing technical and non-technical teams, presenting innovative strategic and tactical solutions while providing sound program management
- Strength in evaluating, recommending, and championing the design and delivery of technology and process improvement strategies to enhance business productivity, increase profitability and achieve operational excellence
- Extensive experience delivering large size ECM and BPM implementations across various industry sectors, such as Oil and Gas, Banking and Financials, Government, Insurance and telecommunications
- Implemented numerous enterprise-level ECM and BPM solutions resulting in hard dollar savings, improving process efficiency, enabling growth, improving content security and access to content throughout the enterprise
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with experience in dealing with demanding deadlines in high-pressure and dynamic environments with high attention to detail
- Ability to own applications management and drive solution delivery across Business and Technology using methodologies and processes to manage both long and short term objectives
- Proven success in enterprise delivery strategies (agile and waterfall), programme management, client relationship management, vendor and stakeholders management
- Successful in recruiting and retaining talented staff, and committed to developing highly engaged, productive and dedicated teams
Program and Project Management
Operations and Product Management
Digital Transformation Strategy
Technical / Functional Consultancy
Business Architecture and Development
IT Strategic Planning & Budgeting
Enterprise Content Management (ECM))
Business Process Management (BPM)
ECM Systems Architecture and Design
Solution Architecture and Strategy
Project Planning and Risk Management
Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC) | Doha, Qatar
Manager, Program Management and Delivery | 01/2014 – Present
QMIC, a joint venture between Qatar University and Qatar Foundation, is the first regional R&D center for mobility solutions. Joined QMIC during the commercialization transition phase to start the delivery group and lead client engagements.
- Initiated, planned and orchestrated the delivery of a multi-year, multi-million dollar program for a metro client with seven component projects. Engagement involved utilizing traffic and fleet management solutions to monitor, assess traffic impact assessment of the metro work on traffic conditions in Doha and recommend preventive/corrective measures
- Constructed detailed delivery plans with agreed timelines for the different work streams whilst identifying/managing change requests, coordinating resource demands and conducting risk assessments and responses
- Started the Delivery and Program Management Group to position the organization into structured and uniform program and project delivery to ensure successful delivery of client engagements. Recruited and managed 12 team members for Delivery and Professional Services and managed 20 other members in matrix setup, including vendor resources
- Oversaw Strategic Account Management functions of QMIC’s two largest accounts generating 80% of the firm’s revenue
- Handled specialized or confidential initiatives as requested by the CEO, including the implementation of Award and Recognition program, Business Valuation with management consulting firm and others
CM Mitchell Consulting | Chicago, IL -USA
Practice Director | 07/2013 – 12/2014
Practice/Projects Director reporting to the CEO, leading the strategic planning and execution of active projects for CM Mitchell Consulting. Developed strategies and solutions for businesses in the areas of information, content and process management. Defined components of holistic strategies include information capture, business process management, and information life cycles. Core functions included managing project implementation teams into successful delivery of projects, ensure timely accomplishment of deliverables, provide strategic guidance, ensure corrective actions are taken as necessary, and report progress and challenges.
Qatar Petroleum (QP) | Doha, Qatar
ECM Program Manager | 04/2010 – 07/2013
Led the vision, strategy, planning, and execution of an Enterprise Content Management solution for one of the top 10 leading oil producers in the world. As ECM Program Manager, was responsible for managing change in an organization that recently become content aware and is looking to become an industry leader in the way it uses its content to drive processes. Initiated the process to consolidate and standardize back ends based on industry standards and led a realignment of the user culture and expectations to fit an enterprise implementation model that is at times completely opposite from the siloes model of the past. The ECM strategy encompassed several design solutions as well as complex architecture efforts based on emerging technologies including: capture, content, process, compliance and record management.
- Developed the vision, overall architecture, roadmap, governance and implementation plan for ECM at QP
- Created an ECM Program architecture blueprint aligned with a five year implementation plan and a delivery arm
- Delivered in-depth technical consultation to stakeholders of numerous Directorates within QP and IT management
- Created an umbrella ECM Program initiative to execute the long-term vision using internal resources and external vendors as a delivery arm
- Aligned and standardized the ECM data model and security model through a consolidation and reclassification effort, reducing the number of document classes from 350+ to 50 classes in first phase of consolidation
- Introduced the first Enterprise Capture initiative for more effective capture of millions of paper documents
- Built a unique ability to manage different team personalities from different regions into a unified team capitalizing on their specific strengths with the ability to deliver enterprise solutions on time and within budget
Gulf Business Machines (GBM) | Doha, Qatar
Engagement Manager | 08/2008 – 04/2010
Engagement Manager with Gulf Business Machines in Qatar building client relationships in the ECM practice area and managing the delivery of ECM/BPM implementations in Qatar. Started the first Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM) practice area within GBM Qatar.
SunTrust Banks | Atlanta, GA – USA
Vice President – Enterprise Architecture | 08/2007 – 08/2008
Held a vice president level position in the Enterprise Architecture group concentrating on ECM/BPM Architecture and charged with the following main accomplishments:
- Aligning ECM/BPM projects with an enterprise-wide vision and blue-print to maximize the bank’s return on investment in the FileNet P8 suite leading to reduce operational costs and increased efficiency
- Establishing standards for developing ECM and BPM applications with reusable components and integration layers with enterprise systems
- Working closely with the lines of business to investigate areas where ECM/BPM initiatives can be implemented to streamline processes, reduce paper overhead and cut operating costs
Wells Fargo Bank / Eastridge Infotech | Long Beach, CA – USA
Senior ECM Architect (Contracting Opportunity) | 02/2007 – 08/2007
Senior ECM Architect and Consultant for the Wealth Management Group at Wells Fargo Bank. Accomplishments include re-architecting a document imaging application based on the FileNet P8 Platform for more stability and better performance. New dynamic architecture reduced application response time for large accounts from up to 3 minutes to less than 5 seconds, resulting in increased productivity and better end-user experience.
California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS) / RS Computer Associates | Sacramento, CA – USA
Senior Systems Architect (Contracting Opportunity) | 05/2006 – 02/2007
Senior Systems Architect role and on site representative at California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS), the second largest public pensions retirement system in the world. Provided FileNet P8 support and administration activities and stabilization efforts resulting in solid stability and performance improvements in uptime. Planned, executed and delivered a migration and phase out project for 3 million documents from antiquated FileNet Report Manager into Image services using Xenos Transformation Suite and HPII for Image Services ingestion.
BearingPoint | Long Beach, CA and Scottsdale, AZ – USA
ECM Architect (Contracting Opportunity) | 10/2005 – 05/2006
Designed, architected and delivered ECM solutions based on the FileNet P8 Suite in fast-paced and aggressive consulting environment for a variety of clients in the banking and insurance sector.
Fujitsu Consulting / SBC and BellSouth Communications
Lead ECM Architect (Contracting Opportunity) | 03/2004 – 10/2005
Lead role on a large size BPM implementation at SBC Communications (currently AT&T) through Fujitsu Consulting. Project goal was to automate and re-engineer all Win-NDS pre-sales business processes at SBC based on FileNet P8 BPM suite spanning four different environments. Also was the lead architect on FileNet P8 BPM proof-of-concept (POC) and pilot implementation to automate the call center processes at Bellsouth (currently AT&T) with a custom UI for the application built on top of the FileNet P8 Framework with full workflow process automation and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) to legacy systems using FileNet P8 3.5 BPM components.
Bank One Corporation (JP Morgan Chase) | Chicago, IL – USA
Associate ECM Architect (Contracting Opportunity) | 07/2003 – 03/2004
Worked with the Commercial Bank’s workflow team at Bank One administering and maintaining a distributed n-tier FileNet P8 BPM workflow system in eight different environments featuring high availability and clustering to accommodate a complex workflow system for the commercial bank. Planned and executed deployments in addition to coordination with other teams and vendors for a successful role out of the project. Project was based on the very first production release of FileNet P8 (2.0.0) and was the largest FileNet P8 implementations at the time.
Aon Risk Services | Hi-Tech Solutions | Chicago, IL – USA
Senior FileNet ECM Consultant (Contracting Opportunity) | 05/2001 – 07/2003
Two-year plus contract at Aon Risk Services developing and supporting an Imaging and Workflow system utilizing FileNet Content Services, eProcess and IDM Web Services spanning seven geographical locations with well over 4000 users. Project included the consolidation of Aon offices down from seventy offices throughout the United States to improve efficiency, uniform processes, and project revenues in the pursuit of operational excellence.
Played a technical lead for system administrators and developers to secure successful deployment of software releases and configuration management practices. Planned and successfully executed a scanning solution using Kofax Ascent Capture with integration to FileNet Content Services.
Various Consulting Positions | Chicago, IL – USA
Consulting Positions | 01/1995 – 03/2004
Played multiple roles in business analysis and business/technical architecture in a consulting environment at the start of the career that provided solid exposure to clients, emerging technologies and structured problem solving skills. Clients included Bank One, Aon Risk Services, Xpedior, InstallShield and HOLT Value Associates.
Played a technical lead for system administrators and developers to secure successful deployment of software releases and configuration management practices at Bank One and Aon Risk Services, supporting 4000+ users and numerous environments. Planned and successfully executed a scanning solution using Kofax Ascent Capture with integration to FileNet Content Services.
Education And Certifications
1990 – 1995 University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL | USA
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- 12/2014 | Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- 07/2013 | Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 09/2013 | AIIM Certified Information Professional (CIP)
- 06/2012 | AIIM Records Management Practitioner (ERMp)
- 12/2011 | AIIM ECM Practitioner (ECMp)
- 12/2011 | AIIM BPM Specialist (BPMs)